Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Essay, "Train trip in winter"

A journey by train is an interesting experience. It charms our minds and makes us happy. I had the chance to attend the wedding of my friend last winter. My friend lives in Lahore Cantonment. I reserved seats for all my friends and relatives in the first class compartment from Peshawar to Lahore in a super express train. On the day of travel, we arrived early and we prepared for travel. We hired a rickshaw to our transport. It took nearly an hour to reach Peshawar City Station.



So we got on the train and found our seats next to the windows. The train began to slow. When the train crossed the platform, he reached high speed gradually. Soon he ran very fast and after half an hour reached Attock city. I wore a number of novels, magazines and a newspaper with me. For some time now, and I read my friends, but our thoughts are bored because of reading. We looked through the train window, he gave us a great view. We saw lush green fields, trees, orchards and woods of the window of the moving train. We also saw farmers plowing the fields. Then stuck my Rawalpindi station. We had dinner here in the room stall on the platform. He was in a hurry. Hawkers and vendors selling food and drinks. Soon, the guard blew his whistle and waved the green flag and the train started moving slowly. We got into our compartment and the train has left the station.

A couple from abroad on board in our department Rawalpindi station. The couple was very polite behavior. I asked them about their country. The man at once joked that he belonged to Spain. Then, both the man and the woman began to tell the facts about Spanish. They also compared the same with facts and information about Pakistan. His wife praised femininity Pakistan. They praised the beauty and behavior of Pakistani women. She also praised the culture, civilization, historical sites and placed the religious interests in Pakistan. Both were deeply impressed by the grandeur of Punjab. Folklore and festivals were much appreciated by them. The conversation with the foreign couple was very interesting and learning for me. She also said in the brief history and culture of Spain.

It was night and it was dark outside. The cool breeze began to blow. My train was nearing its destination. The train stopped in Gujranwala station. The engine has also been modified. The train then steamed off here on Gujranawala station and ran at full speed. The piercing wind penetrating through the open window was diamonds. The train reached Lahore in the early morning. I met my friend at the station who had come to receive us. We then both went to his house. It was a nice trip. She added to my experience and knowledge greatly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment